Monday, October 18, 2010

Corrections for #8

8. In which quadrant is the point with coordinates (3,8)?
Answer: A (Quadrant I)
If can't tell the quadrants apart, like me, the bottom left quadrant is quadrant III
The top left quadrant is quadrant II
The bottom right quadrant is quadrant IV
And the top right quadrant is quadrant I

Remember that the x-axis always comes first, so you move the point 3 units across the x-axis, and 8 units up.


Sorry I couldn't put up any videos or pictures, but I hope I help you as much as I could!



1 comment:

raeesa814 said...

I think that your answer is great. but the explanation that follows your answer is not very helpful.It should say:
Top left (-x,y),
Bottom Left quadrant is (-X,-y),
Bottom right quadrant is (x,-y),
what is the drawings all about?

Also 3 units across the x axis... in what direction,(it should say to the right).