Monday, October 18, 2010

Corrections for Number 22

22. Use the coordinate grid shown to do the following:
a) Rotate ABC 90 degrees in a counterclockwise direction about centre of rotation C.
b) Translate A'B'C' 3 units right and 3 units down.
c) What are the coordinates of B"?

How I got the question wrong:
I rotated the figure ABC 90 degrees clockwise instead of counterclockwise, which made the figure in the wrong position. The coordinates for the WRONG image were: A (-2, -3) B (1, 0) C (-2, 0). It basically looks like all I did was reflect it on the x-axis. Also, I wrote down that the coordinates of B" were (4, -3) and it was all because of that wrong rotation.

My correction for that problem:
I did the problem again, except I rotated the image counterclockwise, like I should've done before. I ended up with the image's coordinates being these: A (-2, 3) B (-5, 0) C (-2,0). For the third part of the question, I wrote that the coordinates of B" are (1,0).



2 comments:

raeesa814 said...

i got this question wrong in the quiz too but i redid it at home and got

A(-2,3),B(1,0),C(-2,0),
rotate 90deg, counterclockwise about C,
A'(-5,0),B'(-2,3),C'(-2,0)
translate 3 units right 3 units down
A"(-2,-3),B"(1,0),C"(1,-3)
So B" is (1,0)

angela816 said...

This is wonderful. Except I think you should check your coordinates on B(My correction for that problem) and C.