Friday, December 3, 2010

Area of a Triangle

How to find the area of a triangle?

You find the area of a triangle by base times height divided by two.

b * h / 2

The proper way you write it is:

A = b * h
2

A triangle is always 1/2 of a parallelogram. So the triangle's area is the half of a rectangle's area.
Here is a 3 x 3 grid with a triangle.
First, you figure out what the height is. (THE BASE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BOTTOM!)
You have to find out where is it perpendicular. ( REMEMBER, THE HEIGHT IS ALWAYS PERPENDICULAR TO THE BASE.)Then, measure the height which is 3 cm.. Measure the base which is 3 cm.. Multiply the base and the height which is 9 then divide it by 2. You got the area which is 4.5 cm square.

A= b *h
2

A= 3 *3 / 2

A= 9 / 2

A= 4.5 cm. square



These are ways to know if the triangle belongs to a square-rectangle, rectangle, and parallelograms.

Square/rectangle - One 90 degree angle.Two 45 degree angles.
Parallelograms- No 90 degree or 45 degree angles
THESE ARE THE TRIANGLES!! NOT THE 4 SIDED FIGURES!!

Do you see this colored word? Press it. I LOVE BASEBALL!! ( THIS IS A LINK!!)

This guy is awesome at explaining the area. I watched it and I hope you will too. :)
If I'm forgetting something please leave a comment. Put an honest comment. OK! I'll appreciate it.

22 comments:

Taylor 7-72 said...

great job kit ! this is a great scribe post and you explained everything this will help me alot ! but maybe next time add some color ! great job though .

sheila814 said...

wow. This is amazing you did the following:
- explained very well
- added a video
- added pictures
- help me
- added a link
But you were missing a dash of colour remember that next time.
The video was amazing and yes this helped me very well. Great job !

alyshiad814 said...

awesome job Kit! but next time try to add color but otherwise good job and the guy is awesome at explaining.

gerard816 said...

I did have color but it disappeared. -.- Thanks for commenting. :)

angela816 said...

Good Job Kit! The scribe can be a helpful tool for studying. The video was helpful too. But one thing is that in the video Jimmy Chang accidentally says that the height(5 ft)is the base.(Second Example: 2:04/2:36) Make sure people doesn't think the height is the base. Plus you should add more color.
Anyways, good job!

gerard816 said...

Oh, I just noticed that in the video. Thanks Angela and by the way, I did add color then it disappeared.

Ace8-17 said...

Gerard this did not help me at all.


Ha ha just kidding you did a great job! Just review the video before you choose it and also some colors but not too much.

Dom817 said...

Good Job Gerard ! this really helped me! I agree with ace you should review the video before you choose it. But still, you did a really great job!

samantha8-14 said...

Great job Gerard!This scibe helped me, but maybe reveiw the video.Still your scibe was good!

danicka814 said...

Good job Kit!.This really help me.I like the way you explained it.But review the video.Anyways,you did a good job

Nikko772 said...

Good jon your scribe Kit! This help me alot.Next time you should add some colures and review it

jaydin873 said...

good job kit but add color on key words next time

Camille873 said...

Awesome Job, Kit!
You explained everything. and don't forget to add more colors. and to watch the video carefully. but nice scribe post!

Jada 9-05 said...

Great job kit but next time add some colour. This really helped me

GurpreetS9-05 said...

Good job kit next time preview it before so the clour stays. I like how you explained everything.

Nicole772 said...

Good Job Kit !

Bu you may want to add some color and highlight some key words next time.

Alexia873 said...

this is awesome kit good job!!!!

raeesa814 said...

good job kit!! this really helped me

melina814 said...

good job kit, this really helped me !

melina814 said...

good job kit, this really helped me !

joeyt817 said...

good job Kit!this really helped me, but next time try to highlight the keywords.

Ashley772 said...

Good scribe post Kit!
You explained very very well, and I liked how you added a picture and a video, but next time you should try using a little bit more color to make it pop out at you! But thanks, this will definitely help me in the future!