Tuesday, December 7, 2010

textbook numbers 14 and 15



This is question to number 14 in your textbook!



What is the area of each parallelogram?






a) base 5m and height 3m



area = b*h



area = 5m*3m



area = 15m squared Area is 15m squared.



This is question to number 15 in your textbook!


In the flag of Congo-Brazzaville, the length of the rectangle is 2.7 times the base of the yellow parallelogram. How do the areas of the rectangle and the parallelogram compare? Explain.


Well, the area of the rectangle is b*h and same with the parallelogram both the rectangle and the parallelograms height are the same but the only difference is that the length of their base are different which means that the rectangle is always going to be 2.7 times bigger.

Here's a link that might help you if your still struggling!!!

http://http://www.ixl.com/math/practice/grade-7-area-of-rectangles-and-parallelograms


And here's a video to, hope you like it!


22 comments:

Ace8-17 said...

Great job Alyshia! You explained this very clearly. This really helped me a lot.

Camille873 said...

Awesome Job!
The video helped me lots! Thanks

GurpreetS9-05 said...

good job Alyshia this will help me when we have our quiz.

sheila814 said...

Beauitful job.You explained everything so great,also it looks professional, this will help me alot!

Nikko772 said...

Awesome Job Alyshia!!!the way you explained thing was very clear.It really help me alot.

Riley 906 said...

nice post I like how you have the picture out of the book

melina814 said...

Good job alyshia ! this scribe really helped me alot !

melina814 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angelika73 said...

Wow this should help me with our quiz next time , thanks :)

Anita8-17 said...

Great job Alyshia! I like how you made they keywords stand out with different colours.

samantha8-14 said...

Great job Alyshia!! This will help me practice for the test.I also liked how you made the key words stand out.

joeyt817 said...

Great job! This really helped me, and this should really help me for the test.

Alexia873 said...

Good job Alyshia this really helped me!

Alexia873 said...

Good job Alyshia this really helped me!

Jenny816 said...

Awesome job aliysia ! this will really help me study when we have our quiz

Ashley772 said...

Great scribe post! You explained it very well and I liked how you used a lot of color and put a picture a link and a video! This will help me lot's in the future!

gerard816 said...

Good job on explaining it.

raeesa814 said...

good job!! this really helped me.

Dom817 said...

Good job Alyshia! This really helped me! Keep up the good work!

angela816 said...

Good job Alyshia! This can be a really good study guide!

Anonymous said...

good job this will really help me in a quiz

Taylor 7-72 said...

Great job! You have everything you needed, the link, pictures and video helped me alot.I also like how theres lots of colour and boldness it makes the blog stand out more and make people want to read it, good job!