Monday, November 22, 2010

How to make a perpendicular bisector

Definition of the word 'Bisect':
Bi=two
Sect=cut
Bisect=to cut on two

There are 3 way on how to make a perpendicular bisector:

Way #1:
What you'll need:
  • Paper
  • Pencil
  • Compass(math tool)
  • Ruler


  1. You first draw a line segment. Lable the ends line segment AB
  2. Place the sharp end of the compass on point A.
  3. Make an arc that is slightly larger than half of the length of the line segment.
  4. Repeat the process to point B. *REMEMBER USE THE SAME SIZE OF THE ARC USED ON POINT A!*
  5. With a ruler join the two are intersections with a straight line.




Way #2:
You will need the following...
  • Pencil
  • Right triangle
  • Paper
  • Ruler




  1. Draw a line segment. Lable the points AB
  2. Measure the line segment with a ruler.
  3. Devide the measure in half; that is now called the half way point.
  4. Use the right triangle to create a perpendicular line a the half way point.






Way #3:
You will need the following...
  • Pencil
  • Paper
  1. Draw a line segment. Lable the points EF.
  2. *Make sure you're in a well lit room.*
  3. Fold the paper so point A falls right on top of point B.
  4. This will make the crease a perpendicular bisector!


Here's a link to help you more on perpendicular bisectors!
Also a video...

27 comments:

melina814 said...

Good job angela !!! you did an awesome job !

Jenny816 said...

Awesome Job Angela !
you used A LOT of pictures. You did a terrific job.

alyshiad814 said...

awesome job Angela! I really liked the way you made it colorful and had so many pictures. The video really helped me.

Anonymous said...

good job angela you did a great job you added a picture,video and you coloured words great job

Anita8-17 said...

Great job Angela! The video is very helpful,I like how you used a lot of pictures. Nice job!

Nikko772 said...

Good job Angela on your scribe!!It was excellent

samantha8-14 said...

Awesome job Angela!!Your scribe post was great!!I also liked how you put in what's needed.

Camille873 said...

Great Job, Angela!! You really explained it well.

Camille873 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley772 said...

Good job Angela!!!! You explained this very well, It was very easy to understand!! I liked how you used more than 1 picture, and the video helped me a lot!! Thanks!

Ace8-17 said...

Great Job Angela! The only thing your missing is a link but other than that your scribe post is excellent! I understood it really well!

gerard816 said...

Good Job! This will help me when I need help. Thank you.

joeyt817 said...

Good Job! This really helped me. This should help me when I get stuck.

Terence said...

good job this will really help thanks

Nicole772 said...

Good Job ! Your scribe post has a lot of detail.

jaydin873 said...

good job i like all the pictures

GurpreetS9-05 said...

Good job! i liked how you used more then 1 picture

Taylor 7-72 said...

Thanks Angela !
This will really help me study !

Alexia873 said...

good job this really helped me

michael8-17 said...

Good job anngela! You highlighted keywords and added pictures and a video. This is good to study off of. You did a great job!

Dom817 said...

Good Job! angela! this really helped me ! keep up the good work!

raeesa814 said...

good job Angela!! i really like the pictures and the video ..this really helped me!thank you.

Shera816 said...

Great job Angela. I liked how you used a lot of pictures and added colors. the video helped too.

sheila814 said...

Great job Angela. liked how you used LOTS of pictures and also the video helped me also.Now i know how to make a perpendicular bisector.

Jada 9-05 said...

wonderful job angela this really helped me

Shari873 said...

GOOD JOB, This will help me on a quiz.

danicka814 said...

Awesome job Angela!this is so helpful.